Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

About Me and My Journey

My name is Kristin Ward. I am turning 30 in a mere 3 days. I am married with 3 beautiful children and 2 beautiful dogs. I am a born and raised Southern Californian. I was raised shopping till I drop, going to the beach and living adventures. While on the go we would eat a lot of fast food. My dad was a meat and potato's kind of guy and I married a man that follows suit. This is about my journey with my family to change our eating ways.
My husband and 2 oldest kids
Excalibur in Las Vegas
February 16, 2013


I have lived a lifestyle that consists of the typical American Diet until now. Well in reality on March 18 (my 30th birthday) my family and I are changing our diet to become Vegetarians for 365 days. I am starting this blog to share my experience on this monumental change in our lives. My husband and I decided to make this lifestyle change after watching the Documentary "Forks over Knives" (directed and written by Lee Fulkerson). My husband, who up until now would refuse to eat a meal if it did not have meat in it, offered up this challenge. I quickly agreed and set a start date, my birthday. My goal is to post every day about what I eat, how I feel and how the diet is effecting my family.


This challenge is not only to change our eating habits I am also including a challenge for myself to lose weight. I gave birth to my youngest child 6 months ago and am struggling to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. I guess this would be a good place to introduce my children. Zoie is my oldest and is a 6 year old girl who enjoys Martial Arts. She is a Purple belt in the American Taekwondo Association as well as trains at our Church. My second child is my son Brodie. He is 3 years old and is a whirlwind of energy and amusement. My youngest is Khloie and as mentioned above she is 6 months old and is a complete Momma's girl. My entire family trains at our Church in the Martial Arts ministry. Our dogs are both pit bulls. The oldest is all white with black spots named Chopper and the younger is champagne and white named George.

No comments:

Post a Comment