Translate

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 2 At Home


  Yesterday was our first full day at home of eating meat free. My husband and I searched online for recipes for the rest of the week. I went shopping and I spent around $100 on all the groceries for the week.

For breakfast I had a green smoothie containing spinach, pineapple, mixed berries, orange juice, honey and low fat greek yogurt. It was delicious.

For lunch I had a bean and rice burrito with pico de gallo salsa, sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese.

                                              My children had minestrone from Trader Joe's.

To top it off we made a delicious Vegetable Meatloaf (recipe link on my homepage). We found the recipe on +MyRecipes.com! It did not taste like meatloaf yet it was rather pleasantly tasteful. Both my kids and husband loved it but my daughter's friend who was over wasn't fond of it. Today I am feeling very energetic. My son has started to sleep better at night as well. So far this diet is proving positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment