Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Coming to Terms With My Health

I know I have slacked off on posting this past week. It has been Zoie's spring break and I have fallen ill. So here is I am playing catch up, again.
Once again the other night I fell ill. It leaves me question what in my diet may be causing this. The only thing I can pinpoint is the fact that I over indulged on sweets both of those nights. This feeling happened to me several months ago as well. Anyways on to the main reason I am writing this blog, to share my food experiences. All the recipes I use for dinner can be found under the recipe links. If a recipe calls for broth or stock I use Organic Vegetable Stock from Trader Joe's.

Sunday March 24, 2013
                                                 I skipped breakfast and had a smoothie for lunch.
 I made Fontal Polenta with Mushroom Saute and Shiitake and Sweet Pea Risotto with fresh garden greens. After watching many a Chef's mess up Risotto on "Hell's Kitchen" I naturally assumed this is what I would have messed up at home. It turned out phenomenal. The Polenta on the other had I went astray somewhere. It turned out runny and un-edible. Luckily I had saved some of the Polenta I bought and salvaged something to be somewhat edible. My son and daughter wouldn't eat it but my husband and I managed to get it down.



Monday March 25, 2013




For breakfast again I had a smoothie. I must say I am kind of addicted. I always use yogurt, mixed berries and spinach. This week I started adding kale because of the added protein. For lunch I had leftovers which has become a trend as long as my husband doesn't take them to work for lunch. The kids had soy hot dogs which they loved. For dinner we had Black Bean Enchilada's, white rice, avocado and fresh home made salsa.


Tuesday March 26, 2013


For breakfast I had a Fiber One bar on the way to my Doctor's appointment. I briefly talked to my Doctor about starting this diet so she ordered a full panel of blood work for me. My weight right now is 172 pounds and on my chart my doctor noted obese. This is a very real moment for me. I am really hoping that this diet will help me loose this weight. I know I gave birth 6 months ago but that is no excuse for being obese. I really hope within this year I change that note on my file. For lunch my kid's finished off the soy hot dogs and I had the remaining Black Bean Enchilada's. For dinner we had Tortellini Primavera which was AMAZING! The recipe called for frozen mixed vegetables but I used fresh carrots, sugar snap peas, sweet peppers, asparagus and broccoli. This was by far my favorite recipe to date. It was filling and I looked forward to eating the leftovers for lunch.





Wednesday March 27, 2013
For breakfast I had a smoothie and for lunch I had leftovers. For dinner I mad a vegetarian lasagna. I personally do not like ricotta so I substituted cream cheese which I whipped with garlic. I took this to a Church event and the entire dish was cleaned out. It was a hit by my family and everyone at church. Next I know to bring A LOT more. This was also the night I ended up getting very sick. I believe it was from eating too much ice cream after dinner.


Thursday March 28, 2013
I did not eat breakfast due to feeling ill. My husband stayed home from work to help me with the children due to me feeling sick almost the entire night before. I got blood work done and asked for a whole panel so that I can compare my results from now to a year from now and see exactly the implications this diet has for my health. When I got home I had a grilled cheese sandwich. For dinner I made Carmelized Onion and White Bean Flatbread Pizza served with grilled asparagus. It was delicious.


Friday March 29, 2012
For breakfast I had waffles with the kids. We went to the Zoo and snacked on Pirate's Booty and Goldfish. Lunch we stopped at In N Out Burger and had Grilled Cheese and animal style fries. Dinner we also ended up going out to eat at Johnny Carino's. We had Spinach Artichoke Dip for a starter. I had Angel Hair Pasta with Artichokes which had sauted Roma tomatos, capers, olives, garlic and fresh basil. Matt had the Fettuccini Alfreda with Artichoke hearts. Zoie had a pizza with tomatos and artichoke hearts and Brodie had a pizza with olives and tomatos. It was all very good.





No comments:

Post a Comment